Okie C. Whiteru earned his Juris Doctorate in 2003 from The University of Miami School of Law in Coral Gables, Florida. Mr. Whiteru graduated from the University of Miami School of Law with honors, Cum Laude. Mr. Whiteru later obtained a Masters of Law in Litigation and Dispute Resolution (LL.M.) in 2008 from The George Washington University Law School. While at George Washington Law School, he was taught the ins and outs of litigation and mediation by District of Columbia judges.
Okie C. Whiteru obtained a Bachelor of Arts in Government and Politics from the University of Maryland at College Park in 2000.
Okie C. Whiteru is presently admitted to practice law in Maryland, the District of Columbia, the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland and the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.
Mr. Whiteru is a member of the following organizations: Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., the Maryland State Bar Association, the District of Columbia Bar Association, the Maryland Association for Justice, the American Association for Justice and the Prince George’s County Bar Association.
Mr. Whiteru gained his experience while working for law firms and handling civil litigation in courts throughout Maryland and the District of Columbia. He has experience representing:
- People that have been seriously injured due to the negligence of others;
- People that are seeking a divorce, child custody, child support, the distribution of marital property and/or alimony;
- Landlord’s who are seeking to evict a tenant;
- Individual’s seeking visas and/or permanent residency;
- Companies and/or individuals seeking to collect outstanding debts; and
- Obtaining temporary and permanent protective orders.
Okie C. Whiteru is a managing member of The Whiteru Firm, PLLC.